Pretty, yes...but I am so over it! Now finally we had a lovely warm(er) day and I got lots of chores done! Both the main coop and the guinea coop needed new bedding. Ever hear 31 screaming guineas? I lock them in the run to clean their coop. Oh, but I have to! Otherwise they'll go flying by my head when I least expect it.....or even worse, perch above me and poop when I'm not paying attention. Ewwww! So, they get locked in their run for about 2 hours once a month. It's not so bad though, they have treats and perches and even a hidey hole!
After I was done with that I visited the D'uccles and checked on how everyone is acclimating to their new house. They are in the old duck/goose house so we have to watch with the pond. As soon as it thaws it'll be drained then the fence rerouted to exclude it...cause after all, chickens can't swim. ;-) Lastly I visited the 2 silkie houses and made sure all my broodys were doing well.
We did normal chores like burning garbage (paper, boxes etc) raking up the zebra grasses and turning the compost pile. I tried to reroute a rouge branch on the weeping cherry tree. That branch is probably a lost cause! I might try hanging a weight from it to train it down...not sure yet. All together it was a very productive day. I can't wait for the weather to change completely!