Stuffed Cheesecake Bars:
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cans refrigerated Crescent rolls
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1) Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one can of crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan.
- 2) Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and extract.
- 3) Spread over the crescent rolls.
- 4) Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.
- 5) Melted butter and brush over the top pastry. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- 6) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
You can used the canned pastry sheets and it'll work out fine. I also brushed on the butter instead of pouring. You could easily halve this recipe and use a smaller pan.
These were delicious! I took them to Easter dinner and everyone loved them. Although I do think the name should be Sopapilla Cheesecake bars...but hey, who am I to argue with perfection?